Difficult situations occur in all organizations as individuals scramble to adapt to a changing world. It is natural for conflict to arise, and leaders need skills to successfully navigate intense and emotionally charged conversations to help resolve conflict and foster employee engagement.
Our half–day Challenging Conversations program guides participants through the five interconnected steps that are critical to having a successful challenging conversation. Using this flexible model, individuals learn how to speak up directly and resolve conflict without alienating the other person, and learn to stay focused, even when triggered by what they are hearing. The result is better conflict resolution and greater confidence in addressing difficult situations at work and home.
Address Conflict. Engage. Gain Confidence.
- Gain skills to initiate challenging conversations that transform difficult emotions into productive energy and build trust
- Build confidence in delivering difficult messages, giving tough performance feedback, or confronting challenging behavior
- Increase competence, motivation, and confidence among direct reports for improved employee engagement
- Resolve performance issues with fewer grievances and disciplinary issues
- Reduce tension, friction, and employee turnover through effective coaching
Who can benefit
This program benefits anyone who wants to build competence and commitment in preparing for and conducting challenging conversations. It is effective for individual contributors and members of an organization at all levels.