First Time Manager
60% of new managers fail within their first 24 months (Corporate Executive Board). How can we help you make sure you are in the 40% of successful first time managers?
All too often we pick our best functional high performing people to become the first time manager, one of the most challenging and critical career transitions. They move from peer to leader, and research shows that less than 10 percent of managers and supervisors were prepared for a leadership role before or after being promoted (International Success Academy Study 2013). Giving these people the knowledge, skills and experience to succeed is critical and now we have a solution to increasing the success of your first time managers.
Our 1 day program gives first-time managers the ways to succeed by practicing the essential conversations which are founded on a research based approach. The genesis of this program is the #1 best-selling book The New One Minute Manager, the First Time Manager program introduces Four Core Conversations and the coaching skills first-time managers need to achieve success quickly and build positive relationships with their teams.
Prepare for the challenge. Gain Essential skills.
- Successfully transition people from peer relationships to leader relationships – the most difficult transition, complicated by small leadership experience to draw on;
- Learn how to leverage the 4 Core Conversations founded on the secrets of The New One Minute Manager book;
- Provide your leaders of the future with the skills to improve performance and engagement and increase employee retention using our time-tested coaching model;
- Using real work examples, practice the skills required to deliver both short and long term success for your First Time Managers.
Who can benefit
Our First Time Manager program is critical for any person moving from the individual contributor to their first leadership role. If you want to ensure the outcomes for your First Time Managers, then we have the proven solution to deliver to successfully move your people from peer to leader and establish your organisation as a clear market leader.
- Rosanna Watson, Global Supply Chain Training Manager, Freeport-McMoRan