Susan Fowler, Senior Consulting Partner for the Ken Blanchard Companies®, is one of the foremost experts on personal empowerment and is the lead developer of the Optimal Motivation® program. Her extensive background and knowledge gained through 15 years of experience in advertising, sales, production, and marketing prompted her to develop methods and tools for leaders and those they lead to gain the mindset and skillsets for achieving their highest level of success.
She is the author of the best-selling book Why Motivating People Doesn’t Work … and What Does and coauthor of six others, including the best-seller Self Leadership and the One Minute Manager with Ken Blanchard and Laurie Hawkins. She also recorded the audio programs Mentoring: How to Foster Your Career’s Most Crucial Relationships and Overcoming Procrastination. Susan has written articles for many professional publications and is a popular blogger on LeaderChat, HBR.com, and The Huffington Post.
Susan Fowler has been invited by Blanchard Australia, as a special one off experience, to facilitate the Optimal Motivation® program and provide program accreditation for trainers and coachers. Her presentations are vibrant, research based, and humor filled. With every opportunity, she acts as a catalyst for helping people adapt their behaviours in order to thrive and improve the quality of experiences for themselves and others
Optimal Motivation makes the bold claim that motivation is a skill that can be taught, learned, nurtured, and sustained.
Individuals can be taught how to choose a high-quality motivational experience at any time and for any task. Leaders learn that their role is to help employees make a shift toward an optimal motivational outlook.
- Identify and distinguish the six Motivational Outlooks in the Spectrum of Motivation
- Understand how the quality of Autonomy, Relatedness, and Competence impact a person’s sense of well-being, energy, and vitality
- Gain three skills for activating Optimal Motivation: Identify a current Motivational Outlook, Shift to or maintain an optimal Motivational Outlook, and Reflect on the shift
- Practice facilitating Motivational Outlook Conversations
- Explore leadership best practices that promote optimal motivation
- Collaborate with a cohort member on a plan for implementing the best practices back in the workplace
Who Should Attend?
This one-day workshop is designed for individual contributors, managers, and senior leaders seeking to create more motivating work environments. It is particularly valuable to anyone who has been trained in Situational Leadership® II.
Registration includes workshop, materials, morning & afternoon tea and lunch.