Becoming a first-time manager is one of the most challenging transitions, with the new manager’s future and their team’s productivity in the balance. The First-time Manager training program builds on the time-tested secrets of The New One Minute Manager and introduces the conversations and skills first-time managers, and all managers, need to achieve success quickly and build positive relationships with their teams.
- Compare and contrast the workplace roles of an individual contributor and manager and identify the new mind-set required for making the transition.
- Learn the Four Core Conversations based on the secrets of The New One Minute Manager: Goal Setting, Praising, Redirecting and Wrapping Up.
- Gain skills needed to boost relationships and work well with others based on our time-tested coaching model: Listen, Inquire, Tell Your Truth, and Express Confidence (LITE).
- Practice the Essential Skills and the Four Core Conversations using real-work situations.
Who Should Attend?
- First-time managers, experienced managers, any manager wishing to refresh people leadership skills, and those considering a transition into management.
Registration includes workshop, materials, morning & afternoon tea