With increasing demands for organisations to achieve greater results with fewer people, and to give leadership responsibility to people with less baseline experience, the business case for effective coaching practices has never been more clear or urgent. Research tells us that more than 70% of senior leaders see the ability to coach as a critical skill in their management teams, but fewer than 6% of those managers have actually received formal training.
Coaching Essentials delivers the critical skills needed to enable leaders at all levels to have efficient, effective coaching conversations with their team members. The workshop provides a structured framework that ensures these interactions are focused on key areas of need, and result in clear action and accountability. Participants are provided with tools and resources that not only facilitate their workshop learning, but sustain that learning while it is being put into practice in the workplace.
- Adopt the proper mind-set for coaching
- Increase the quality of conversations
- Accelerate individual and team progress toward objectives
- Create an environment of trust that nurtures the development of others
- Leverage four coaching skills that develop self-reliance in others
- Apply the four-step coaching process that results in clear agreements and action
- Identify when coaching is needed to help others reach a higher level of performance
Who Should Attend?
- This workshop is appropriate for all those with people leadership responsibilities
Registration includes workshop, materials, morning & afternoon tea