Becoming a first-time manager is one of the most challenging transitions, with the new manager’s future and their team’s productivity in the balance. Even managers with some experience may have never had training in the core skills and conversations which are critical to success. This training program builds on the time-tested secrets of The New One Minute Manager and introduces the conversations and skills first-time managers, and all managers, need to achieve success quickly and build positive relationships with their teams.
- Compare and contrast the workplace roles of an individual contributor and manager and identify the new mind-set required for making the transition.
- Learn the Four Core Conversations based on the secrets of The New One Minute Manager: Goal Setting, Praising, Redirecting and Wrapping Up.
- Gain skills needed to boost relationships and work well with others based on our time-tested coaching model: Listen, Inquire, Tell Your Truth, and Express Confidence (LITE).
- Practice the Essential Skills and the Four Core Conversations using real-work situations.
Who Should Attend?
- First-time managers, experienced managers, any manager wishing to refresh people leadership skills, and those considering a transition into management.
Registration includes workshop, materials, morning & afternoon tea